When the youth of today need help navigating a path to healing, Cumberland Hall’s Child and Adolescent Program can help. Young patients who need crisis intervention or stabilization will find a safe space here.
Using evidence-based practices, we help children and adolescents identify and explore what it’s like to overcome the obstacles they face through individualized therapy and medication treatment. Help is also available for adolescents struggling with addiction.
Assessment and Treatment
Working closely with the patient and the patient’s family, our team develops a unique treatment plan, creating a blueprint for recovery.
Daily activities for children and adolescents include:
- Individualized treatment plan
- Group therapy
- Family therapy
- Recreational therapy
- Educational groups
- Medication management
- On-site school
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Trauma therapy
- Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
Cumberland Hall School
Cumberland Hall School is on-site and part of the Christian County School District. The school provides students with six hours of instruction a day during the school year and four hours daily during the summer months.
Children’s Inpatient Program
- Child must be between 4 to 12 years of age
- Displays behavioral issues, psychiatric symptoms or mood disorders
- Child has verbalized or written about suicidal or homicidal ideations
- Behavior is causing concern that the child is a danger to self or others
Adolescent Inpatient Program
- Adolescent must be between 13 to 17 years of age
- Displays behavioral problems, psychiatric symptoms or mood disorders
- Adolescent must have tried traditional outpatient methods first